The cash app by Square is a mobile payment app that has gained huge popularity among its users in the past few years. It is one of the most used money transfer apps of this generation and it offers a variety of other features which let you send, spend and save money in a quick and easy way and also lets you buy bitcoin on cash app using your mobile phone. The users are also provided with a free cash card which works like a normal debit card.
How Actually does Cash App Work?
So How Do You Use a Cash App? The cash app has primarily two uses, one is to send money to people living in the same country and another is to receive money. Before that, you can easily add an amount to your Cash app account with the help of a debit card that is linked to your existing bank account. It also offers you to transfer money to your bank account from the app and the complete process usually takes around two to three days.
Here are the following steps which explain how to use Cash app:
- Tap on the dollar icon at the bottom of the app for either making a payment or receiving money from a certain individual.
- Enter the amount in the question section and tap on either ‘Request’ or ‘Pay’ depending on what you want to go ahead with.
- Enter the individual’s $ cashtag which is either their mail id or phone number and click on send or request money.
This is How Cash App Works!
How to use a Cash app Card for making payments by scanning?
Alike to the other online payment platforms, this app does offer its users to send or receive money by the scanning option in the same location.
- Tap on the dollar sign at the bottom of the app.
- Click on the ‘Scan’ option available at the top left corner.
- For sending or requesting money, show the person your $ cashtag or tap on the ‘Scan’ option and use your smartphone’s camera to scan the unique tag.
How to use a Cash App for Debit Card refund?
The main attraction of this application is its feature of a free Visa verified debit card which is commonly known as the Cash Card. This facility of this app is what makes it so different from the other online payment apps.
This Cash app card can be used for making payments from your Cash app balance at retail shops and at ATMs for withdrawing money. First you need to activate your cash app card. Neither is it connected to the bank account nor with your debit card. However, it is compatible with both AGoogle Pay and Apple Pay and the Cash Card is available in two colors, either black or white.
It also offers the option to personalize it by adding your signature at the front of the card and it generally arrives within 10 business working days. However, you need to be 18 or older to apply for a cash card.
How cash app Debit card work and how to request it?
- Launch the Cash app on your Android or iPhone device. And further tap on the Cash Card icon which is located at the bottom left of the screen.
- Next, tap on the ‘Green’ order button.
- On the next page, the user needs to choose the Cash Card color which is basically either white or black.
- Select the option which asks you whether you want your $cashtag to appear on the front of the card or not. If you click on the toggle for ‘yes’, it will turn green, and if you click on ‘no’ it will turn black, and hence it won’t be placed at the front of your card.
- There is also an option to customize your card which means you can easily add your signature or draw something at the front of your card. Click on the ‘Tap to customize’ option and either scribble your signature or tap on the smiley face option which is located at the bottom for selecting an icon or for choosing the pre-drawn letters.
- Once you visit the next page, enter the address of where you want your Cash Card to get delivered. And further, click on the ‘Next’ button to confirm it.
- Confirm your first and last name that is supposed to be printed on the card and click on ‘Next’.
- Enter your date of birth next and tap on the ‘Next’ option.
- Finally, enter the last four digits of the social security number and tap on ‘Next’.
- A pop-up page would appear on the screen which would ask you to confirm your card request and hence click on the ‘Continue’ option.
- Next, you will be directed to a page where you can add funds to your card. You need to enter the number that you want to add and tap on the small grey ‘X’ for exiting from the screen.
This is how the Cash app Card works. However, once you are done with requesting your Cash Card you need to wait for ten business working days for your card to arrive.
How to activate Cash app Card without a QR code?
- Launch the Cash app on your device.
- Once you get into the home screen of the app, click on the Cash card button which is the second one from the left bottom of the screen.
- Click on the ‘Activate Cash Card’ option once you get to the next screen.
- Click on the ‘Missing QR code’ button and select the option of ‘Use CVV instead’.
- Enter the expiry date which is located at the button on your Cash Card and the CVV code as well.
- Your card is ready to use now as you are done with the setting up option.
How to activate the Cash Card using a QR code?
- Launch the Cash app and click on the Cash Card option located at the left bottom of the screen.
- Tap on the ‘Activate Cash Card’ option to start with the process.
- You will be asked by the application to scan the QR Code by using your camera which is provided on the Cash App card.
- Align the camera with the code and hold it until focused. As soon as you line up the QR code with the camera, your Cash Card will get activated officially and it will be ready for usage.
You can easily get rid of your traditional bank and send your deposit directly to the Cash app. Because of this option, you can easily transfer or spend money straight from your paycheck by the Cash Card or Cash app. Here are the following steps to get started with it:
- Tap on the ‘Balance’ option in the Cash app and select ‘Cash’.
- Scroll down and opt for the ‘Direct Deposit’ option.
- Click on the ‘Get Account number’.
- Further, select the ‘Enable Account’ button.
- Lastly, you need to provide your Cash app account numbers to your company for getting your payment in the app.
However, make sure you are having an activated Cash Card for enabling the option of direct deposits.
The fees structure for using the Cash App are as follows:
- For new account holders, you can transfer up to $250 within any seven days and accept up to $1,000 within a span of any 30 days.
- In order to increase these limits, you need to confirm your identity and once you verify it, the transferring limit rises to $2,500 per week, and there will be no such limit to receive an amount any longer.
- You don’t need to pay any fees for adding money to your Cash App balance from your bank account. However, the instant transfer option from your debit card does cost about 1.5% of your transaction.
- The limit for ATM withdrawal is $250 per transaction, $1,000 within 24 hours, $1,000 in any seven days, and $1,250 within any 30 days.
- However, the Cash Cards work at any ATM with a $2 charge of the Cash app. Besides that, most of the ATMs charge an extra amount for using the card. The best part is, the Cash app repays these fees when you set up the option of direct deposits.
At the time of using the Cash app make it a point to be extra careful while entering the recipient’s information correctly as if you end up transferring money to the wrong individual, there is no way you can recourse to get that back once the transfer process has started except to ask for the money back.
This generation is opting for the idea of cashlessness as technology has made our lives easier with the option to send and receive money through your smartphone within a blink of an eye. Cash app really does offer some of the best options and it is quite easy to use which makes it stand out in the crowd. Besides transferring and receiving money, one can also invest it in stocks, buy and sell bitcoins and get a special savings opportunity by selecting the ‘Cash boosts’ option.
Other useful Link